The good news about cancer is that there is a lot you can do to prevent it by making good choices in your life. Here are 5 main things you can do to prevent and lessen your chances of getting cancer.
1. Avoid harmful ultraviolet, UV radiation from the sun and other sources like tanning beds and sunlamps.
2. Don't use tobacco products, or quit using them if you do. Once you stop smoking, your chances of getting lung cancer gradually decrease.
3. Use Alcohol in moderation. Drinking large amounts of it increases your risks of cancer. Don't have more than two drinks a day.
4. Maintain a healthy diet. Avoid ingesting lots of high fat foods. Keep at a healthy weight.
5. Keep radiation to a minimum, as large doses from medical x-rays can increase your risk.
**** Doing these things are good for you anyway. Making good choices TODAY can benefit your life. Life is precious, take care of you!! :)